The Chateau of Villandry is the last of the great chateaux of the Loire built during the Renaissance in the Loire Valley. Up until the acquisition of the feudal estate of Villandry by the Marquis of Castellane in 1754, no known changes were made to the Renaissance building. The acquisition of Villandry by Joachim Carvallo marked a return to their roots for the chateau and the gardens.
- Construction of the Chateau of Villandry in the Renaissance
- Changes in the 18th century
- Joachim Carvallo and Ann Coleman restore Villandry
- Recreation of the Renaissance garden